In November 2020, we launched a mobile app in Côte d'Ivoire with a VISA card for cash deposits, online and offline payment, peer-to-peer transfer, and transfer to other mobile money wallets.
Today, we are enabling thousands of users to do this and we are growing rapidly. Our goal is to create transparent and affordable banking solutions to enable millions of people to achieve financial inclusion, where less than 25% of the population is banked.
We are backed by world-class investors including Y Combinator, Partech, Kima, and Norskeen.
About the role
As a member of the product team at Djamo, the Backend Engineer you will help us build reliable products by troubleshooting applications and processes back-ends.
As Djamo’s Back-end Developer, you will use your understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze the existing, define more efficient processes, resolve problems, and create a more seamless experience for our users.
Your focus will be on building better end-user experiences, and more efficient programs. To succeed you must have excellent communication (French and English/written and spoken), computer, and project management skills. As well as being knowledgeable, collaborative, and highly self-motivated.
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI tests to optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaise with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features
- Working on GMT timezone
- Follow emerging technologies
- 3 to 5 years of work experience as a Backend Engineer or Software Developer, etc.
- 2+ years of experience building and optimizing B2C Application within Fintechs or Payments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit at a desk for extended periods.
The advantages of working at Djamo
- A stimulating work environment
- The value of participating in the evolution of a startup that aims to rapidly expand throughout French-speaking Africa.
- A collaborative work environment with a strong team spirit
- A culture of continuous employee development
We will consider all applications on the same basis. Djamo is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Type of contract
Sector of activity
Mobile Financial Services