Who are we?
In November 2020, we launched a mobile app in Côte d'Ivoire with a VISA card for a cash deposit, online and offline payment, peer-to-peer transfer, and transfer to other mobile money wallets.
Today, we are enabling thousands of users to do this and we are growing rapidly. Our goal is to create transparent and affordable banking solutions to enable millions of people to achieve financial inclusion, where less than 25% of the population is banked.
We are backed by world-class investors including Y Combinator, Partech, Kima, and Norskeen.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Product Manager
Reporting to the CTO/CPO the Product Manager will be responsible for gathering customer requirements and defining their vision with engineering as well as overseeing product strategy, pricing, and positioning strategies for the expansion of Djamo across Africa.
In this capacity, you will be responsible for :
- Set the strategy and approach for the products you are working on. You ensure that a problem is well defined, research is done, the value proposition is clear, and that it has a strong business model.
- Create a deep understanding of the users and speak to them regularly. The user's voice comes through when you plan when you test the first prototype, and for every iteration that ends up in their hands.
- Ensure that our brand values are expressed throughout the product experience that you and your team create.
- Create and set clear goals and key results with your team, regularly check progress, and learn and adjust course.
- Create hypotheses, test risky assumptions, and break down complex problems into small steps
- Work with a multidisciplinary team consisting of engineering, data, design, and UX to deliver on the strategy.
- Identify and reduce dependencies, remove blockers, and coordinate with other teams and stakeholders
- Contribute to product management best practices at Djamo and beyond. Explore, share knowledge, and write content for your teammates and the product management community.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- 5-10 years experience in B2C Fintech working in Africa, product management, or as an associate product manager.
- Strong customer engagement, problem-solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an agile model
Advantages of working for Djamo
- A stimulating working environment
- A warm and friendly Risk, Legal, and Compliance department
- The opportunity to participate in the evolution of a start-up company that aims to rapidly expand throughout French-speaking Africa.
- A collaborative working environment with a strong team spirit
- A culture focused on the continuous development of employees
We will consider all applications on the same basis. Djamo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Type Of Contract
Mobile Financial Services