Who we are
In November 2020, we introduced a groundbreaking financial super app in Côte d'Ivoire, offering a comprehensive suite of services encompassing online and offline payments, peer-to-peer transactions, fund transfers, as well as savings and budgeting tools.
As of today, we have empowered thousands of users to seamlessly perform these financial activities, and our rapid growth continues unabated. Our overarching objective is to forge the next generation of digital financial solutions in Francophone Africa, a region where fewer than 25% of the population currently has access to traditional banking services.
The financial landscape of this region is undergoing a profound transformation, with millions of individuals shifting from basic financial transactions (mobile money) to more sophisticated financial management. Djamo is uniquely positioned to emerge as the premier choice for meeting these evolving financial needs.
We are proud to have garnered support from world-renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Partech, Kima, and Norskeen, which underscores our potential and commitment to reshaping the financial services landscape in Africa.
To support our growth, we are looking for a group VP of Finance.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Vice President of Finance to lead our financial operations and strategy. As the VP of Finance, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring our financial health, driving sustainable growth, and providing strategic financial guidance to the executive team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be part of a high-growth company with a strong focus on financial inclusion, innovation, and technology.
Your responsibilities will include
Financial Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute the company's financial strategy to support growth objectives.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Financial guidance and recommendations.
- Monitor financial performance against strategic goals and provide strategic financial insights and recommendations to the executive team and board.
- Identify key financial drivers (top line or cost) and recommend actions to improve financial performance.
- Oversee Holdco's financial operations, including accounting, treasury, tax, and compliance.
- Oversee accountancy of the HoldCo and consolidated reporting including all entities.
- Establish and maintain robust financial controls and processes across all entities.
- Coordinate financial audits and ensure compliance with audit requirements for the Holdco.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with IFRS/GAAP.
- Manage capital allocation, including fundraising, debt financing, and equity management for the different entities.
- Manage cash flow and liquidity to meet the organization's operational and investment needs.
- Evaluate investment opportunities and assess their financial viability.
- Optimize the company's capital structure to support growth and profitability.
- Identify financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Implement effective risk management policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage the company's exposure to financial risks.
- Build and lead a global high-performing finance team, fostering a culture of collaboration and excellence.
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities to team members.
- Collaborate and communicate with external stakeholders, including investors, lenders, auditors, and regulatory authorities.
- Maintain strong relationships with banking, lending, and other financial partners.
- Lead fundraising operations including structuring and negotiating financial aspects of deals, as well as completing due diligence.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing, and high-growth environment.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in French and English [this role will regularly interact with non-French speakers].
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field (MBA or CPA preferred).
- +10 years experience in auditing/accounting/finance
- Experience of financial reporting requirements under IFRS/GAAP
- Proven experience as a senior finance leader in a fintech or technology-driven scale-up.
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and compliance.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and capital management.
The advantages of working at Djamo
- By joining Djamo, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to a mission-driven organization that is committed to improving the lives of millions of people across the continent. You'll be part of a team that is passionate about making financial services accessible and affordable for all Africans.
- You’ll work in an amazing culture and teams deeply passionate about the mission across Côte D'Ivoire, Senegal plus remote team members spread across the world.
- The value of participating in the evolution of a startup that aims to deploy quickly throughout French-speaking Africa.
- A competitive salary package with stock options
We will consider all applications on the same basis. Djamo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Type of contract
Permanent contract, with a 3-month renewable trial period.
The location is primarily in Abidjan.
Open to remote workers from a country within 3 hours of GMT timezone
You must anticipate some travels across the region, and to prospective OpCos
Sector of activity
Digital Financial Services