Who we are
In November 2020, we introduced a groundbreaking financial super app in Côte d'Ivoire, offering a comprehensive suite of services encompassing online and offline payments, peer-to-peer transactions, fund transfers, as well as savings and budgeting tools.
As of today, we have empowered thousands of users to seamlessly perform these financial activities, and our rapid growth continues unabated. Our overarching objective is to forge the next generation of digital financial solutions in Francophone Africa, a region where fewer than 25% of the population currently has access to traditional banking services.
The financial landscape of this region is undergoing a profound transformation, with millions of individuals shifting from basic financial transactions (mobile money) to more sophisticated financial management. Djamo is uniquely positioned to emerge as the premier choice for meeting these evolving financial needs.
We are proud to have garnered support from world-renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Partech, Kima, and Norskeen, which underscores our potential and commitment to reshaping the financial services landscape in Africa.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Vice-President of Operations
At Djamo, the operation department is at the heart of our business, it englobes Customer Service, Agent Operations, Distribution, Onboarding, and Logistics. To oversee this key aspect we are looking for a thoughtful leader, metric-driven and resourceful VP of Operations.
Reporting to the Co-founder and General Manager, the VP of Operations will be responsible for:
- Building and optimizing scalable processes to continue Djamo’s hyper-growth
- Leading and executing (end-to-end) core infrastructure projects
- Oversee Customer service experience in all markets
- Daily business operations supervision including agent operations, distribution and BTL, logistics, KYC, customer success, etc.
- Working toward understanding the problems blocking the business’ growth and taking ownership over resolving those problems.
- Exploring and defining which projects the team should prioritize, and setting a timeline to reach goals quickly
- Searching for new features to provide a seamless customer experience
- Managing critical vendor relationships and building performance-tracking systems
- Managing and coaching department managers
- Develop and execute state of art global/regional and local strategies.
- Drive strategic initiatives and be able to get things done cross-functionally
- Developing strategic supply chain partnerships and negotiating commercial terms
- Understand compliance requirements across WAEMU and Francophone Africa, and ensure we are meeting our obligations at all times
- Build internal processes, optimize workflows, and scale them
- Optimise company-wide processes, forums, and team structures and build new systems to help the company scale
- Inspire teams and hire relevant sector knowledge experts where we need to build our capabilities
- 8 - 10 years of experience in developing and executing operational strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or an MBA
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams toward achieving key objectives
- A magic skill to break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data
- Obsessively process-oriented person
- Strong written and verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
- Understanding Fintechs and Digital Banking Operations
- At least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous and seeking to achieve excellence by going the extra mile
- Very strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Clear and proactive communicator, you are able to independently follow through on tasks and can manage priorities effectively in a fast-moving and changing environment
- You like teamwork, but you also know how to work well independently
- Excellent negotiator and mediator, especially in challenging situations
- Comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- A natural curiosity and will to make an impact
The advantages of working at Djamo
- A stimulating working atmosphere
- A warm yet determined team
- The value of participating in the evolution of a startup that aims to deploy quickly throughout French-speaking Africa.
- A collaborative work environment, with strong team spirit
- A culture focused on continuous employee development and performances
- A competitive compensation package
We will consider all applications on the same basis. Djamo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Type of contract
Permanent contract, with a 3-month renewable trial period.
The location is primarily in Abidjan, from our Zone 4 Office
You must anticipate some travels across the region, and to prospective OpCos
Sector of activity
Mobile Financial Services